Monday, September 13, 2010

still kickin'...

so it's been roughly three months since I've posted a blog update - and as I've claimed before - I'm just not a journal keeper/writer.  I'll keep making concerted efforts to update the blog as often as possible, and to post new pictures here and there.  My goal for this week is to give a rough update of what this summer has entailed and some of the things we have done.
     In a nutshell, Bella and I made it to Fayetteville, North Carolina safely and have managed to settle in quite nicely.  We found a church to call "home" at Liberty Baptist Church in Spring Lake (about a 20 minute drive).  While it is a larger church than what I am used to, it still maintains that close-knit, family feel and has lots of smaller ministries that we are able to get involved with.  I am enjoying attending their "ABF"'s (Adult Bible Fellowships), which back in Hawaii, was called Sunday School - where adults can meet in the mornings before the regulare service to study more in-depth topics of the bible.  The ABF I attend is for all women and we've just kicked off a 52-week study of the entire bible.  They also have a group called MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers).  While I am a MOPS, I'll be providing child care during their meeting times because its a paid position, and frankly, we can use all the additional income we can get at this point.  Liberty also has the AWANA Club at their church, and I'm so greatful that Bella can continue her second year of cubbies there.  Since its such a far drive, I've also volunteered to help with the cubbies on Wednesday nights (fun!!!).
     I've also gotten into a Moms Co-op group here where we co-op babysitting time instead of paying cash.  I have yet to use any of my time for either babysitting for- or having Bella babysat, but just that the option is there is awesome.  The moms also meet on the first Friday of every month just to get together and hang out.  Its a great group of women that I am happy to be a part of.
    I'm homeschooling Bella this year through the Myron B. Thompson Academy in Hawaii, and that keeps my mornings fairly busy.  She is also enrolled in gymnastics and ballet twice a week in the afternoons and in the downtimes between all those other activities, I fit in the housework, laundry, grocery shopping and cooking.  Domesticity at its best.
     Oh - and I'm entering my 26th week of pregnancy with little Thomas John McKenna.  Its gone by so fast and so slow at the same time.  Part of me can't wait till it's over and he's in my arms, and the other part is silently freaking out that I only have 14 short weeks left and have to face the all-too-scary birthing process again.   
     More tomorrow...

No comments: