Saturday, February 6, 2010

Once-A-Month Cooking Day!!!

So today is my OAMC (Once-A-Month Cooking) day!  Before I begin, I have to give credit where credit is due.  This is all a result of my sister Tia's encouragement and experimentation.  I had never heard of this brilliance before she mentioned it, and would have never tried it had she not let me borrow her book the last time I went to see Tom.  Today is not the first time I've done some OAM cooking, but it is the first time I've done the WHOLE month.  When I did this for Tom, I think I only made 6 or 7 meals, whereas this time I'm making 20.  The reason for this is because my parents left last night for close to 5 weeks on the mainland which means I am left to care for all the children, pets and the household, while working full time, selling Avon, being active in the church and carting the girls to their various activities.  I don't want to have to worry about what I'm cooking for dinner each day, but instead will follow a simple schedule I've devised for each week which merely consists of thawing and reheating these pre-cooked meals.  My sister's blog Fits and Giggles of the Hawaiian Heldts has some AWESOME links and information if this is something you're interested in.  Just click on this link : OAMC Part II.
My goal for this month is to eat home-cooked meals 4 days a week, eat leftovers 2 days a week and then eat out the last day. 

Today I will be cooking:
1.  Spaghetti
2.  French Bread Pizza
3.  Meatloaf
4.  Stuffed Shells
5.  Teriyaki Burgers
6.  Chicken Broccoli Casserole
7.  Chicken Nuggets
8.  Chicken Supreme
9.  Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
10.Garlic Cheddar Chicken
11.Sour Cream Chicken
12.Ham Dinner Slices
13.Meal-on-the-Run Pork Loin
14.Stuffed Pork Chops
15.Upside-Down Fettucine Bake
16.Baked Herb Fish Fillets
17.Baked Mediterranean Cod
18.Grilled Fish
19.Orecciette with Tuna
20.Kielbasa with Saurkraut

Just as Tia said, let me know if you have any questions.  This would benefit any person in any situation: single, married - with or without children, working moms or stay-at-home!  Well, I'm off to the kitchen...

No comments: